1. Do you take care of Slab & Erect?
CKNR Pty Ltd, trading as Just Sheds, is QBCC licensed (Lic No: 1061436) to complete your shed, garage or carport from council application to completion. We are not licensed plumbers so we do not undertake stormwater connection – your downpipes will be installed to ground level only. We only use experienced QBCC licensed subcontractors for concreting and erect works as we require a quality finished product at all times.
2. Are the kits easy to erect as an owner builder?
Yes. All columns, rafters, haunch and apex brackets are pre-punched and ready to bolt together. Furthermore, all products come with an erection guide, bill of materials, and hand drawn pages showing wall girts, roof purlins, door header heights, where to start sheeting on the gable ends, and a slab layout plan. Of course, we are also available for advice as well.
3. Is there a range of colours available?
There are 22 modern colours available in the Blue Scope Colorbond Steel Range, as well as standard Zincalume. You can choose different colours for your walls, roof, gutters, flashings, barge, and doors.
4. Do the kits come with engineering for council?
Yes, a full set of engineering drawings (specific to your building) is available to you once we are in receipt of a signed contract and a deposit.
We can also lodge your council application for you.
5. Does the engineering include engineering for the slab and footings?
Yes, our sheds are engineered for A, S or M soil types. Slab and footings engineering for soil types other than these can be arranged if required, but soil testing is generally not required by most councils for a garage slab.
6. Can my building be erected onto footings without a slab?
Yes, your shed or carport can be erected on ground level footings or embedded into the footing if preferred.
7. How are your buildings anchored to the slab or footings?
Each building is designed to be anchored with dyna bolts or hold down bolts set into the concrete.
8. I have some roller doors and windows of my own. Can you build the garage to accommodate them for me?
As long as we are given accurate heights and widths, we can organise the kit to use your doors and windows.