23 Feb Shed Buying Guide: Tips When Buying A Storage Shed
If you’re in need of additional storage space or looking for a workspace outside your home, buying a storage shed might be the solution for you. However, with a shed load of types, sizes and styles to choose from, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. In this blog, we’ll provide you with tips to help you make an informed decision about your storage shed purchase.
What to Look for When Buying a Storage Shed
When shopping for a storage shed, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Purpose: What will you be using the shed for? Will it be for storage, a workspace or a combination of both?
- Size: Determine the size of the shed you need based on its purpose and the amount of available space in your backyard.
- Material: Sheds are typically made of wood, metal or vinyl. Each material has its pros and cons, so consider which is best suited for your needs.
- Design: Sheds come in different styles and designs, so choose one that complements your home aesthetic and suits your preferences.
Tips for Selecting the Right Size and Type of Storage Shed
There are several types of sheds available on the market, each designed to serve a specific purpose. We provide the following shed types to suit varying needs:
- Garages: These are larger sheds that are perfect for storing cars, motorcycles and other vehicles. You can customise the interior of your garage by adding shelving to increase storage capacity.
- Steel Carports: These are cost-effective alternatives to traditional garages and can effectively protect your vehicle from the elements.
- Agricultural and Farm Sheds: These are designed to provide shelter and storage for farming equipment, livestock and crops.
- American Barns: These are larger barn-style sheds that feature a centre aisle and two sloping sides, ideal for storing larger items or as a large workshop.
- Quaker Barns: These are similar to American Barns but have a more traditional look, with a single sloping roof.
- Industrial Sheds: These are durable and heavy-duty sheds designed for commercial and industrial use.
- Equine Shelters: These are specialised sheds designed to provide shelter and protection for horses.
- Workshop Sheds: These are ideal for DIY enthusiasts who need a space to work on projects, or for professionals who require a customised area designated for work.
- Garden Sheds: These are smaller sheds that are perfect for storing garden tools and equipment.
When selecting the type of shed you need, consider its purpose and the amount of space you have available. You should also consider the design and material of the shed, as well as any additional features, such as windows, doors, electrical works, storage capabilities and more.
How to Evaluate Quality When Shopping for a Storage Shed
When shopping for a storage shed, it’s essential to evaluate the quality of the product. Key factors to consider include:
- The material used to construct the shed will affect its durability and longevity. Ensure that the material is high quality and can withstand harsh weather conditions specific to your locale.
- Check the construction of the shed to ensure that it’s sturdy and well-built. Look for features such as reinforced corners and heavy-duty hardware.
- Check the warranty provided by the manufacturer. A good warranty will provide peace of mind and protect you from any defects or faults in the product.
- Check reviews from other customers who have purchased the same product. This will give you an idea of the product’s quality and reliability.
Budget-Conscious Tips for Purchasing a Storage Shed
Buying a storage shed can be a significant investment, so it’s essential to consider your budget. Here are key tips to help you save money when purchasing a storage shed:
- Consider purchasing a pre-built shed rather than a custom-built one.
- Wait for sales or discounts, particularly during the off-season.
- Buy a shed kit and assemble it yourself to save on installation costs
- Look at buying a second-hand shed
- Opt for a smaller shed
- Hold off on non-essential additional features or amenities until further down the line
Where Can I Buy a Shed?
At Just Sheds, we offer an extensive range of sheds for storage and other purposes, custom-built to your requirements and preferences. For recommendations on quality-made sheds, garages, carports and barns in South East Queensland, call us today.